Saturday, March 3, 2007

A Good Friend

I haven't blogged much - obviously - but to be honest I haven't wanted to. Normally I love to write - about anything - but lately, everthing I write comes out sounding somber and depressed. Though I write it out sometimes, I haven't posted - I just didn't feel that the world would care to read about my woes.

My troubles haven't changed any, but today I'm in a wonderful mood. I drove a couple of hours to meet up with a dear friend today, and it's amazing what a truly caring person can do for one's spirits. Right now, I have few friends interested enough to talk with me (see, there's that depressing stuff I mentioned), but this particular friend always lets me open up and babble about everything. It's good for the soul, I think, to get things out and discuss them. I left her today not having any of my problems resolved, but I felt encouraged, uplifted, cared for - things I haven't experienced in a long time. I knew I had a real friend, and I hadn't felt like that in a long time.

Here's the point of my blog - do you have a friend you haven't talked to in a while? A friend going through a trying time? A friend who just means a lot to you? Call them, email them, visit them - just saying a little word to let them know they're important to you can make such a difference in their outlook. Even if your friends are close and are all doing well, who doesn't want to feel a little better about themselves?

No comments: